Polytron Devices is committed to sourcing responsibly and considers mining activities that fuel conflict as unacceptable. Polytron’s efforts related to conflict minerals are aligned to the work of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition® (EICC®) and Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI). The EICC’s and GeSI’s work includes the Conflict-Free Smelter Program and the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template ("Template").
Polytron Devices has been sending to suppliers a Conflict Minerals Reporting Template, Revision 3.01, which is included with this letter. The Template provides a common industry approach for the collection of sourcing information related to conflict minerals. The information contained in the Template constitutes a critical part of Polytron’s due diligence program.
We ask our suppliers when completing the Template:
- All of Polytron’s global suppliers must complete and submit Revision 3.01 of the Template, even if a previous version has already been submitted.
- The selected "scope" on the template must be at the "product level" and must include the "part numbers".
- Complete mine and smelter location address must be submitted for any smelter that is not included in the dropdown menus in the Template.
- For any of the components listed in the Template, if there are any changes affecting conformance, please inform us 90 days prior to the change.
- Training materials including a video and links to other support are available at www.conflictfreesmelter.org or www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enyu_V5Kd1k
- The completed template is submitted back to Polytron Devices by e-mail within 30 days.
- Monitor for updates to the reporting template. Review when updates are made and inform Polytron Devices if any smelters in use are not on the approved list so actions can be taken.
As with all electronic devices constructed by Polytron Devices, the following metals possibly could be a constituent part of the components.
− Tantalum (Ta)
− Tin (Sn)
− Gold (Au)
− Tungsten (W)
At this time, we do not know of any of these metals originating from the Democratic Republic of the Congo or an adjoining country.